Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day 99

I may have been a bit overambitious with this "a memory a day" bit. I might scale it back a touch. Anyway, this one is a funny one.
As I've stated, I used to be in a bunch of bands and a couple of them were fairly successful in our local markets. Back in St. Louis, Missile Silo Suite was asked to play in Vintage Vinyl. VV was, and still is, one of the best record stores I've even been to. Anyway the gig was a voter registration drive and the headliner was Breaking Benjamin. I never met anyone in the band and didn't care because I thought they kinda sucked. Still do.
It was summer and anyone from St. Louis knows that July and August are pretty hot and humid down there. Jamie Perryman, drummer of Missile and I were seeking refuge from the sun by standing on the side of Breaking Benjamin's huge tour bus. At some point some girls came over to the bus and stared at us for a few minutes. Finally one walked up to me and asked me if I was in Breaking Benjamin. I assured her I definitely was in Breaking Benjamin. She asked me for an autograph and I happily obliged. The name I signed?

B. Benjamin.

No comments:

Post a Comment