Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 101

I actually know the date for this one. May 19th,2006. The day before I got married. We had no bachelor or bachelorette party. Instead some of her friends came over along with her mom and they worked on some wedding decorations. I took off in my car to find something to do. I didn't care two shits about a strip tease or any of that. Guys who marry tight-wad bitches have to deal with that. I, luckily, don't. Not that Aymee is down with strip-teases or any of that. It's never really come up. Although if it did, she'd do it her self. My lovely sexy lady is quite the lover and I'm always smitten because of it.


I took off in my car in search of camaraderie. I found it, once again, in Blaine. He was working at Boston Market and I was hungry. He fed me and gave me and asked me if I was ready. I told him I was and that I was excited. A few minutes later, a family of four came into the restaurant. A husband, a wife, and two sons. Blaine didn't seem to notice them, or if he did, didn't seem to care. I, however, could barely look away. And I'm not one for staring, mind you. They looked roughly like this.





Aside from repeated viewings of Witness as a kid, I'd never seen Amish in person. I nudged Blaine and gestured towards them.
"What's up with them?" I asked.
Seeming unimpressed and/or bored, Blaine said, "They're Amish."
I pointed towards the waist of the man's homemade pants. "He's got a cell phone clipped to his pants. I thought the Amish didn't use modern technology."
Blaine shrugged, still uninterested. "Amish-light."
I nearly fell down from laughing so hard. People in the restaurant, including the Amish family all started looking at me but I didn't care. It was really funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment